Sunday, February 12, 2012

Duck Game vs WSU

I had the privilege to take four of my students to the duck game vs Washington State. It was fun and a good bonding time with two freshman and two sophomores. The two sophomores Stacey and Ashley (sitting next to me picture right) are Beaver fans. I was hoping to convert them to duckonianism and I believe that would make Jerry happy. I had a good conversation with Stacey on the drive home about the heart of God. The three girls attend (or loosely do) some church. My goal is to get these students into relationship, or deeper relationship, with Jesus Christ. I never force anything on them, just discuss and support them regaurdless of their decisions. Unlike as a duck fan, For Jesus I am not in the conversion business. I am in the relationship business and Jesus decides what areas of life are in need of revision. I simple guide and encourage with the leading of the Holy Spirit. On the Jesus end I think these students are experiencing Christ love and moving slowly closer to Him. On the Duck conversion thing....their still beaver fans :)





No comments:

Post a Comment