Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bus load

  No Pictures from Commandos, and I keep forgetting to get a group shot of kids at these events. When you get around 60 kids it makes for a pretty nice group pictures (it also keeps the chaos contained into a small space).
  Commandos was a great event, the Fern Ridge Youth Center helped facilitate by having a place for students to go when they were tagged out. This also provided me an opportunity to give a small presentation of the gospel (the prodigal son) and the Love God has for us through that story, before we began the next round. I could tell some students were captivated by the story by their attention and also by the students whom asked questions after.
  I maxed out my bus with 60 students coming to putters. I was thinking different event, not the high mark of commandos, maybe 30 students to 40. Boy, was I under estimating. It was a great time to connect with students and for them to just have a time away. As one parent said "thanks for another (child's name protected) free night," a partial joke and truth I am sure. Though I do not take these students for a baby sit or fun, the goal is that they see who they are in Christ through the love and care of myself and the staff. Please continue to pray for the students as we head back to the Cafeteria at EHS for the regular mayhem of Club!



No comments:

Post a Comment