Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Finally...an Update.

  I haven't exactly updated this recently. Because of a house search, moving, and working two jobs A few things were sacrificed. This blog was one of them. With 150 plus people receiving the monthly newsletter and only about 2 reading any given post, the blog was the least damageable asset to be put to the side for a time.
  I am in the process of training an Intern named Dylan (he is going to Cambodia soon on a mission trip), and I am looking for another job besides driving for Fed Ex. I have the intent to have Dylan replace me as the director at Elmira High School and more about this will be in my subsequent newsletters. With a growing family the intense hours, sometimes 60-70, makes doing any one thing with greatness difficult. I am looking for a more career laddered position than my current job as a driver, that uses more of my detail oriented logistical mind. My boss at Fed Ex is a great guy and I have learned even more about the transportation industry than I thought I knew from years ago working at UPS. Be praying that I network and connect with the right position that God would have for me.

  This year has been a year that has seen a lower turn out among the freshman class. I know quite a few eighth grade students and expect that this won't be as much of a problem next year. Recently Erica had a daytrip to the coast and connected with 3 underclassmen who don't regularly attend club. The foundation of Campus Life (which is the key to any ministry) is connecting with students on an individual level. As a group of students graduates Erica , like the rest of us, is making new connections to invest in the next class of students.
  After the Barn Party I had the opportunity to connect with several students. One named Cody lives right down the street from my new home. He shared his back story of his single parent household and poverty. I am hoping to connect with this freshman more in the coming weeks. One excuse he had for not coming to club was the availability of a ride, I have promptly solved that problem for him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment