Wednesday, April 27, 2016

#ministrylifeprobs

Hey Y'all this is my first post on this blog!
For this one I copy/pasted from my personal blog, but it's about Campus Life so I figured it relevant here, too. 


Late night theological talks.
Early morning rides to school.
Hanging out with young teens and all their silliness.
Funny inside jokes and fun memories.
Trips and camps.
Weekly connecting with students and showing them love.
Behavior problems and discipline.
Slang and strange sayings.
Paperwork, planning, and preparation.
Fundraising.

There are so many things that come with being in youth minsitry. It really is a whole different world, a whole different life than most know or experience. I have definitely had a call on my life to be in youth ministry, and I am SO blessed to be!

Lately, though, there have been aspects that I've needed to really step up my game in. Working with Lane County Youth for Christ I am esentially a local missionary. My paycheck is from the donations of generous people who support what God is doing in the Fern Ridge area through the ministry of Campus Life. I have been challenged (and I know it's needed) to get more people supporting me financially so that I don't have the stress of worrying about bills. Asking for money is NEVER easy, but I have to remember that if I don't even try then I could be stealing from others the blessing of giving. It's about correcting and directing my mindset.

If you are reading this and want to be a part of what God is doing by supporting financially, please feel fee to click here and do so. If you have any questions about the ministry or want to know more you can go to the Lane County YFC website. It takes all of us doing our part, but I know that ultimately it is God who works through each of us in what we can do. Together we can reach the youth for Christ.

And for your viewing pleasure, this is the goofy pic that we took for the office and that is on the website.

God bless you all,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment