Monday, September 5, 2011

Camp revisited



Camp has been over for a while, but we just reunited some of our campers before school started and played a slideshow of their exploits with over 500 photos to choose from. Whether it was the lemonade relay, steal the bacon, noodle wars, canoeing, capture the flag, ultimate Frisbee in the dark, water wars, worship, or whatever; camp was a huge success. Not only did these kids get a chance to have fun, but they got a chance to let their guard down and connect with myself and my staff. They had an opportunity to see what it looks like when people care, to experience how Jesus cares for them, and also to hear the gospel.

I have been planning my butt off for this upcoming school year. I am planning on gathering the communities middle school students for the all nighter that campus life does for them. With no middle school director or program in Elmira it may be difficult, but these kids need the same opportunities to hear the gospel. I pray that someone would step up to run a program at the middle school. As I always pray for more volunteers to also help with the high school program.

Some of the added events will be retreats this coming winter. One for the girls with my female volunteer staff. More than one dodgeball team from Elmira. A highschool all nighter and an Amtrak train trip to go shopping before Christmas. These are some of the relationship building events we are adding.








No comments:

Post a Comment