Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Numbers

If we go by the numbers the last couple weeks have been amazing. 44 middle schoolers showed up from the Fern Ridge area for the all nighter. Besides getting to present the gospel message to them, I get a kickback for the club account so I can spend money back on the students. It is a win win win. I had 25 students attend Club last week for fear factor. While the numbers can waiver for club, my contacts with students on campus is 4x that amount. I talk to more than a 100 students, but only keep up with about that many. I depend on my volunteers to make some out of school contact. I have 7 students scheduled to go to six flags, of which, only one has been to a club on a Monday. Each event draws a different kind of student/kid and I am grateful for the diversity in events Campus Life can offer.

Below is a picture from the middle school all nighter, where we had around 1100 middle school students total. We seperate them into three groups and rotate them between three locations (First Baptist, YMCA, and Skateworld).

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Above, a couple pictures from fear factor club are displayed. We have for the last couple clubs talked about our fears and the things we carry around in our lives (hurts, anger, un-forgiveness). I have been taking advantage of a couple videos, since we have use of the YFC projector, and hope to continue to get these students to open up. One of my students said "forgiving others isn't hard, forgiving yourself is." I hope they all engage the content on that level.

No comments:

Post a Comment