Thursday, May 10, 2012

Barn Party 2012


The Barn Party was a lot of work and a lot of fun. I was covered in dirt from head to tail by the time the event packed up (took a lot of scrubbing to get clean). I had 22 Elmira students attend the event and they seemed to have a good time. Several of those students participated in the paintball obstacle course, of which Daisy shot me the most. I ran it if the student agreed to let me shoot at them as well. Daisy hit me in the head and 3 other times. I only got the luxury of hitting her twice. I had two students, Stacey and Xavier, run it the most and they will also help me with the middle school all nighter. 

I participated in an event that is different from my personality, mainly my utter distaste for country music and attire. Luckily I love reaching kids with the gospel so this goes out the window to "be all things to all people", thanks Paul. 

Our speaker, Shawn, gave a message about how screwed up and in need of a savior we are. He gave a story from his life about how a student from his youth group whom had a very bad home life. This student had one friend, her dog. While at camp her parents called her to tell her they put the dog down. Shawn ended the camp with a song called dead puppies by a guy named Doctor Demento. Needless to say the song was not uplifting and made the girl burst into tears. The moral of the story is all of us can point out how messed up the human condition is and that in order to make it through and have hope of improvement we need help. 




No comments:

Post a Comment